Friday, April 3, 2015

A Premiere Long In Coming

Shortly after Quinn and I first met (three years ago) he invited me to a movie premiere. This wasn't just any movie though, this was a movie he had written himself and made with his friends. 


At the time I was so nervous (because I had the biggest crush on him) to go and see it and be around his huge group of friends but I had so much fun that night. The movie was amazing and I could see he had put a lot of work into it.

As I left that evening I told him that if he ever made another movie, I wanted to help him with it.

Not a month had passed before he got in touch with me. He wanted me (yes ME!) to help him write the new script for his next movie. He was on tour with his family (his family was a band! I thought that was so cool!), so we wrote to each other back and forth writing the script. 

We wrote about a two tribes from a medieval era, who were finally coming together to make peace. But someone gets kidnapped - for reasons unknown - and things slowly start to fall apart. 

That next summer, two years ago, we made the movie. But then, life got in the way of seeing it through to completion. One of the principle actors moved away, Quinn and I started dating, and soon we were planning a wedding and he was off on a four month tour in Australia and New Zealand... 

Quinn had planned to have the movie done at the end of 2013, but like I said, life got in the way. And life stood in the way for quite awhile, until about two weeks ago. Then Quinn decided it could wait no longer and he worked tirelessly for it to be finished. 


The movie is now finished, and to celebrate, Quinn held a movie premiere for the cast. Everyone was so excited (Quinn more then anyone I think!)! Yummy treats were made, tablecloths were hung up over windows, and a projector was all set up and ready.


Everyone loved the movie, and you could tell those who acted, helped behind the scenes or edited, put a lot of work into it. 
If you'd like to see Quinn's movie, you can click here to view it on YouTube. It is a full length movie, with a running time of 76 minutes. 

We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed filming it!



3 comments:

  1. Last Saturday the boys were gone, so we drove to Sonic and brought it home so we could watch the movie. Luckily, we get you tube on our television, so it made watching that much more fun. You all did a fantastic job on the entire movie. We were very impressed with the quality of the acting as well as the beauty of the setting and the music. Congratulations to all who had a part. Will we see Quinn's movies on the big screen one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied to this comment a couple days ago, but it looks like it didn't work! Sorry!

      Quinn was so excited to hear that you watched and liked his movie! Yes, he does someday hope to direct for the big screen, but until then, he's happy making movies with his friends. :)

      Delete
    2. One day we'll say, "Hey, I saw him at a bluegrass festival in Texas. You know, the guy with the crazy hats!"

      Delete

Hello! We love to hear from you, by email or commenting. So please drop us a note!