Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing


Quinn and I dancing under the stars
at the Alaska Inaugural Ball.
   Quinn and I recently made the local paper, the Juneau Empire, dancing at the Inaugural Ball to welcome the new Alaskan Governor into office. The night was filled with jazz and swing tunes, and it was hard to take a rest when we loved every song that played!
   Dancing has always been a big part of what we like to do, and because we like to do it so often in our free time, it's spilling into our shows as well.




   Here, Quinn and Abigail practice a foxtrot routine that will be in a new Americana show we are planning. 

   Cedar looks on from the window, sad that she can't be a part of the fun (we know she loves to dance as well...).




Here's a picture taken at the Swing In The New Year dance on New Years Eve this year. Both Quinn and I and Abby and Paul went to dance the night away to the big band tunes of the Thunder Mountain Big Band.

Swing In the New Year dancing!
  Our local, and most favorite band for swing dancing tunes is The Thunder Mountain Big Band. They only play a few times a year at special events, but you can be sure we'll probably be there too. 

   Swing may be our favorite type of dancing, but we've also been known to waltz, foxtrot, and even polka around the dance floor! Quinn and I are also learning tap dancing for a fun and up-beat version of 'It Don't Mean a Thing, If It Ain't Got That Swing'. 
Notice Quinn's shoes? Crazy, right?!


Before I met Quinn, I had never danced any kind of ballroom dancing (though my dad likes to embarrass me by telling stories of how I used to prance around my room as child pretending to be a ballerina - I still hope to someday get lessons!), but Quinn quickly taught me how and soon Abigail had lost her partner to me! Sorry Abby!





   So if you come up to see us this summer, or see us on tour next fall, be ready! Because there will be some swinging tunes to be played (and we wont mind if you start dancing during a song!)!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to be dancing at the Inaugural Ball. What a lovely couple! The pictures make it look like you've been dancing for years. Maybe Quinn can use his copter to film y'all dancing on the mountaintop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, Donna! And I'll pass on the idea to Quinn, haha! Any chance he has to fly his copter is a great idea to him. :)

      Delete

Hello! We love to hear from you, by email or commenting. So please drop us a note!