Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Day In The Life of Cedar & Xochie



Cedar: My morning starts out normal. 


If I am inside, I sit at the door to be let out. 

If I am outside, I sit at the door to be let in.






Xochie: My morning always starts out terrible. So I scream and shriek to make sure everyone wakes up and feels as miserable as I am.




Cedar: After eating some yummy breakfast from my bowl (very loudly I might add, so my friends know how much I love my food) I inspect the house to see where everyone is (in case they need me).



Xochie: After everyone is awake, I will mock them and say terrible things to them in my own language so they don't understand. 

But they know that I hate them. 

And that's all that matters.





Cedar: I ask to be let out again. 

I must inspect the outdoors for anything harmful to my friends.

If I don't find anything harmful, I will bark and bark at the corner of the yard to scare anything that MIGHT be out there.

My friends must stay safe.



Xochie: One of the despised people plays terrible music. I try to sing and yell above the sound so that I don't have to hear. 




Cedar: I love sticks. My favorite sticks are the big sticks that my friends chop up and leave just for me. I like to leave them all over the yard for them to pick up later.



Xochie: The despised humans start singing. Since I can't drown out the sound with my shrieking (I tried), I instead go to the bottom of my cage and tear up newspapers. It's my only coping mechanism. 


 Cedar: My nice friends give me lots of biscuits. I love biscuits. 

Sometimes I eat them right then, but sometimes I walk around the yard for a long time trying to figure out where to bury one. 

I love biscuits!





Xochie: It's too quiet in the house.

I must change that.

I ring my bells, scream loudly, and sing my own favorite songs.

(Happy Birthday, various songs in French)



Cedar: I do not trust the spotted dog upstairs. 

She never moves.

But I do like her fancy hat.




Xochie: I creep on Melissa and Emily. My most hated enemies. 







Cedar: I practice my balalaika.

My heart does not lie in my balalaika playing.

My heart lies in playing the jingle bells.










Xochie: I practice my mini-mandolin.

It is the one time of day I feel like myself.








Cedar: I run outside some more (with my stick).

Sometimes I take my friends on walks. But sometimes my friends are too lazy for walks...




Xochie: I am growing weary. I have no strength to bite the distasteful people as they carry me around and laugh at me.




Cedar: I end my day with a nice long stretch out in the sun.

Today was a good day.





Xochie: Today was a terrible day.

I was not successful in my attempts to kill Melissa or Emily. I shall try again tomorrow.

I despise this place. I must try to escape.

Also, the White Christmas poster is still up. It is February. No longer Christmas.
Take it down.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I can honestly say Cedar had a great time writing this post. Xochie on the other hand? Not so much...hahaha!

      Delete
  2. What a funny post, Emily. If Cedar would like a bone-burying friend, I will send you a beagle named Rosie. She loves cold weather. I vote to leave up the poster. Love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the movie as well, that's why its still up!

      Cedar would probably love a new friend! Unless that new friend comes to stay and she would need to share...Cedar doesn't share well sometimes. Haha!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! We love to hear from you, by email or commenting. So please drop us a note!