Monday, March 16, 2015

(Not to be taken seriously)

If you wish to be a member of 
the Alaska String Band troop,
then be careful for you will find yourself
jumping through some hoops.




You must love chocolate and coffee,
and makeup and teased hair.
You must play several stringed instruments
and have a voice beyond compare.




You must live (of course) in Alaska,

where the winters never cease.
And don't even think about produce
(oranges are a dollar a piece).



The mountains may be lovely

but they're always hidden by clouds.
And Juneau is empty in winter,
but in summer look out for crowds!

You will play several shows a day
and always wear a smile.
And pray you don't get stuck at the tram
for you'll have to wait a while...






You'll need to be friends with Xochie,
the evil family bird.
(She sings 'Happy Birthday'
the creepiest way you've ever heard)





You'll need to practice for long hours
cooped up inside all day.
(Not that you'll want to go out...
the sky is always gray)


So you see, it really isn't that fun 
being in the band.
And I think we all agree, we'd rather be 
on a beach buried in sand.

4 comments:

  1. Well come on down and I will take you to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd qualify to be a member of the band. I do love chocolate, but my singing can be compared to...well, we won't say, but I will say that we will let the talents of the Zahasky family lead the band. Such a fun post. I read it several days ago, but haven't had time to comment until now. Your blog is such fun, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! (wow, I say this a lot...but I mean it! REALLY!) You're so kind and I just love writing these stories and adventures and poems. It's so nice to know that someone out there likes them! :)

      Delete

Hello! We love to hear from you, by email or commenting. So please drop us a note!