Saturday, May 2, 2015

May Day Sneakiness

If you asked my younger sister Bethany (whom I shared a room with for 20 years) she would probably tell you there was really only one thing (besides all the other things) that made it hard to live with me: my silly desire to craft - on the floor - with all of my craft supplies in full view. 


Quinn has learned since being married to me that there is simply no getting around this part of me. 

Yes. 
We may have a perfectly good table. 
We may have a very nice counter top.
Nothing is as nice for me to craft on as the floor.
(sorry Quinn)


All that being said, I made a delightful mess on the floor this week to make May Day baskets for our families! 





Quinn can remember doing this with Melissa and his sisters when they were very young, but I have never had the opportunity (and the idea of leaving flowers on someone's door was just so romantic, I just had to do it!).

So I cut out butterflies, made paper cones, and a few staples and some hot glue later...they were ready!



But the best part was still yet to come!

Some of you may not know this, so I'll share it again: Before I ever met Quinn, I worked in a florist shop for two years during college. I simply love flowers, and there's nothing that brings me more pleasure (other than crafting on the floor) then arranging flowers.



The hardest part is always deciding which flowers to take home...




But then the fun part comes! 

Putting the May Day bouquets together!




Ours whipped up in quite a hurry and soon we were off to deliver them!

(Because that's the sneaky part!)



With May Day basket in hand, Quinn ran up to our Aunt and Uncle's house (their little dog barking loudly at the door - we were sure they would catch us in the act!).


But they didn't! And we were able to make a clean get-away!

















Run, Quinn! Run!

I think Quinn and I both agree that the best part was sneaking up to our families' homes, ringing the doorbell after hanging the baskets and running back to the car. We can proudly say we were not caught by anyone (unless you count Paul. It's hard to do it at your own parents house...especially when you live right next door)!

Melissa and Abigail both praise the grace that I have when dancing on stage...but there wasn't much grace to be seen as I ran as fast as I could from our grandparent's house (and bonked my head on the car door as we made a run for it).






Such grace! Such beauty!

Well...maybe not.

--------------------------------------------------

We hope you had a Happy May Day!



2 comments:

  1. Emily, you are so talented. Your May Day baskets are beautiful. What a sweet way to celebrate May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Donna! If I lived anywhere close to you, I would have hung one on your door as well. :) Maybe next time we pass through Texas?

      Delete

Hello! We love to hear from you, by email or commenting. So please drop us a note!